Our bride Jackie and her husband Fletcher’s love story is just too cute, as we described in our newsletter this month, and we can’t get over how charming their wedding was either! The couple wed on Bald Head Island in North Carolina here is a peek into their special day…
Finding the perfect shoe is like finding the man of your dreams: it takes time, patience, and an open mind! This season we are seeing hues of blushes and soft neutral tones in bridal fashion. We always love something a little different, so the perfect feather or bow detail will always be appreciated at CBA! Which shoe would you wear for your special day?
I love this David Meister dress from Carine’s Bridal Atelier because it works so well for so many women. From a mother of the bride to a guest of the wedding or even a bride to be. The sheen of the fabric gives the dress an evening flair and is so unique in its texture. The cap sleeve and ruching at the side provides coverage and a flattering shape for more mature women while the gold hardware and cut out detail at the neckline puts a fun twist on the typical cocktail dress for a younger feel as well.
This dress should be paired with simple accessories since the fabric has so much life. I would wear a shoe with some metallic detail in a simple shape. For a more mature woman a lower heel and less shine tends to work better.
- My Glass Slipper.com–Excellent Resource for your shoes and for your bridesmaids shoes, they have the most beautiful Navy Badgley Mischka shoes
- Pour la Victoire–Great Wedges! Think about it like this…you wear the fabulous sky high shoes for the ceremony and then change into a solid wedge so you can dance the night away
- Nordstrom–Two Words: Manolo Blahnik….it speaks to the Carrie Bradshaw in every girl
- SAKS–To Die For Selection
- Barneys and Neiman Marcus–Louboutins, need I say more!
- Aruna Seth–Pippa Middleton wore this brand to her sister’s reception! The nude butterfly shoes would be perfect to pair with Monique Lhuillier’s gown called Peony. This dress had butterflies on it.
- Trend: Gone are the days of traditional white shoes, do something bold and expressive with your shoes.
(Credits: photo 1, Mui, Mui: Carine’s Bridal Atelier, photo 2: Aruna Seth, Edibleglitter.com, photo 3: Badgley Mischka, my glass slipper.com, photo 4: Manolo Blahniks, fashionsip.com)